Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sunshine & Rainbows

This posts come to you fresh off a little kid-free time spent at the walking track. Gramma offered to scoop up my little guys for some play time and to give Mama a break (Thanks Gramma!) and what better way to use it than to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and fresh air, right? So that's what I did! On my walk I couldn't help but reflect on life and where I'm at, where I've been, and more importantly to be grateful for all that I have. Life hasn't always been all sunshine and rainbows... I'm just as flawed as the next gal, but I keep on keepin' on and look at me now! Not perfect, but who is?

While walking I also had moments of uncertainty. Why are some things the way they are? Why are some people SO difficult? Why CAN'T the world be all sunshine and rainbows? But we all know the answer and simply put, it just isn't. Being the peace-maker, do-gooder, fixer-upper kinda girl that I am, I am wired to make things better. Not so much to physically FIX things. But more in an emotional sense. I see a broken heart and I feel a little brokenhearted too, ya know? And those times when that broken heart is my own, I tend to want pick up all the pieces and do whatever I have to do to put them back together. But what about when people won't let you fix it? What about when you can't just use a little tape or glue and make life happy again? ...Then what??

On my walk is where I started to contemplate all this and realized that here's when you need to stop trying to change other people or put things back the way they're 'supposed' to go, and change yourself. My husband always says, "Control what you can control!" And he's right. I can't control everything and everyone to keep peace and love around me, but I can control myself and how I choose to respond to these situations. Like I said, it's never going to be all sunshine and rainbows and that's just the way it is. But that isn't the be-all, end-all for happiness in the world. We take the good with the bad and we keep on going. We do our best to bring good to the world and to those around us. We love people when we can and wish them well when we can't. We take time to reflect on where we've been, where we're at and where we hope to be. We live life moving forward because that's how winning is done! Just ask Rocky...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...