Monday, April 1, 2013

Nana's Sandkakers. Pt.2


Remember last week when I told you all about Nana's Sandkakers?? Well, we made them! It was a gorgeous day and our home was bustling with all kinds of food, family and of course - sandkakers!! We had a nice little lunch of pulled pork sandwiches, brought to you by yours truly! Then we got down to business pressing the cookie dough into tins. Believe it or not, I actually mean 'they'. Surprisingly, I didn't press one tin the whole day! I intended on it, but with hosting a house full there is always something to do, especially a house full of children! By default I ended up manning the oven and timing these babies as they went in and out in between refilling coffee cups and making sure all children were accounted for. Finally once all the pans were out of the oven and there was no dough left to press into tins, I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat on our back deck with the little ones to soak up the day. I love being surrounded by the people I love in the place that I love and having delicious sandkaker cookies to show for all of it was just the icing on the cake...or cookie. Although I would probably guess that most if not all of you didn't know what a Norwegian sandkaker cookie was, nevermind have the tins to make them...but I promised to share the recipe with a friend so, friend...this recipe is for you!!

^^The CUTEST little sandkaking man I've ever seen!!^^

Sandkakers
8 cups flour
2 1/3 cups sugar
1 lb butter (4 sticks)
4 tsp pure almond extract
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375f. Cream butter & sugar. Mix in almond and egg. Mash in flour until well mixed. Press into sandkaker tins and cook until lightly golden, about seven to ten minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...