Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Letters.


Have you ever heard of people writing letters to their unborn child? Sounds precious, doesn't it? Can you imagine as an adult, reading a letter that your parent wrote to you before you were even born? How incredibly sweet. As a mother myself, and a bit of a sappy one at that, I can shed tears at the mere thought of how much love consumes me for these little boys. It's overwhelming and can get me a bit caught up in the moment when I really get down and dirty processing all that. And then to sit there and try to interpret that blubbering pile of love into words? I think I'd be a hot mess to say the least. But maybe someday...

Today I was reading through a blog that was started at 24 weeks pregnant and continues on with updates, which are now approaching the eight month mark for this mother and son. It's written by an old friend of mine, Bethany, who I've known since we were little kids running around at family cookouts with barbies. She currently lives in Florida with her husband and adorrrrable baby boy, Felix, and with every facebook picture or status update they just scream, "Our baby is the most loved little man on the planet!!!" It's ridiculously cute and I can't help but smile at how lucky that little guy is. Bethany's blog is one of the sweetest things I've read and seeing her letters to Felix since before he was born and over the months is a heart warming, smile inducing, eye watering record of life around them. When you have time, stop in and visit The Browns here and see what an adorable little family they are! And remember, bring the tissues!

Reading Bethany's letters to Felix make me wish I had written letter to my boys while pregnant, but I guess it's a little late for that! Luckily, it's not too late to start writing letters now, right? Wouldn't it be sweet to write a letter to your children on each of their birthday's over the years too? Maybe that'll be my thing! Would you ever write a letter to your children? What would you say?

PS. Thanks to Bethany for the inspiration and for sharing your beautiful letters with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...