Monday, April 22, 2013

Energy, anyone?

Well, hello there stranger! It's been about a week now since the last post and I guess I could sum it up and say, 'I've been busy.' Isn't that so cliche? Yes! I know. But although that's the go-to excuse for people when they don't have a really good reason for neglecting things, sometimes it's also true. Last week the weather was beautiful in New England so we spent tons of times playing outdoors, not to mention my husband left me high and dry went out of town for work. (ha! don't tell him I said that!!) The combination of the two kept me on my toes at all times! And when I did have some down time from the munchkins I was honestly just so exhausted that all I wanted to do was either take a shower or close my eyes until the next shift set in. Can you blame me??

The night before Eric left last week we stayed up talking and I jokingly asked if he had any last bit of advice to get me through the week. He shared with me an article he read with tips about how to wake yourself up when that's the last thing you want to do. I guess with an early flight and being on the go he was worried about those sleepy eyes! One of the tips was to quickly drink a cup of coffee and then lay back and close your eyes for fifteen minutes. I didn't quite get into details but from what I gathered that's supposed to give you a little energy burst! Another one is to drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Apparently that stuff cures everything! I didn't use these tips last week but maybe the next time Eric goes out of town I'll put them to the test.

How do you stay awake when you just wanna take a nap? Do you know any good energy boosts? Share your best tips with me so I don't look like this pic below!!




2 comments:

  1. Take a "B Complex" vitamin everyday along with a multi-vitamin, ever since I started I don't need mid-day naps and I notice when I forget to take them. Honest to God it works!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I totally knew this one and had the B in the cabinet but I forget about those things and so there it sat! Lol after reading your comment I ran and popped one so hopefully it helps!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...