Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Legos.


Okay, so I'm sure you've gathered by now that I adore my little men and being their Mom is my all time favorite thing in the entire world. BUT, let's be honest. Sometimes I just want to call in sick. Yesterday we were go-go-go all day long playing in the yard, running errands, visiting the playground, blah blah blah. Well, the last part wasn't so much what we were doing, but more so how I felt doing it. I even got a headache to top it all off which was just the thing I needed to round off my busy day. Not that I didn't enjoy our time, but I kinda just wanted to take a nap instead. Been there? After the park with a friend, I remembered I needed diapers and gas so before heading home to whip up a healthy and nutritious dinner for my family as the perfect mom always does, we had to make a run to the store. Greaaaat. I ended up sending a text over to the hubs requesting that he pick up pizza on his way home from work because this Mama just was not feeling the whole 'healthy family dinner' gig tonight. If you know the perfect mom, tell her I tried. Luckily he was happy to pick up the slack and had dinner waiting on the table when we finally got home, followed by helping out with baths and showers too. Thanks Bub! After dinner and winding down for a bit it was time to put these bebes to bed and guess who didn't want to get off the couch? Me. I sent the kids off to the bathroom to brush their teeth when Eric claimed that since he stepped up with washing them all that I could take over with potty/teeth/bedtime prep. Blah blah blah. Yup, again...that's all it really sounded like to me. So instead I laid there on the couch in my own little world. While it may seem like a recipe for disaster, I could see my husband smiling and hoped that signaled my lack of interest in bed time routines would be accepted without a fight. Up he jumped from the couch, laughing and using some phrase I can't recall about being lazy. All of a sudden...CRASH. And just as I thought I was off the hook he came and dumped a bucket of legos on top of me! I have to admit, I totally didn't see that coming and started to laugh as the boys ran out of the bathroom to see what all the noise was about. They were pretty impressed with Daddy's antics and I didn't even mind picking them up because 1, I didn't have to get off the couch to do it and 2, upon dumping them he headed off to help the munchkins with bedtime after all!

As I laid there smiling over lego dumping and passing off parenting duties I couldn't help but be a little jealous of those 'working people' out there who can call in sick once and a while. Just one day I'd like to pull a little, "Cough...cough....Sorrrrry, not feeling good today boss...cough, cough." As I said, I love my babes and our little life together all day every day, everyyyy singggleeee dayyyyyy....but sometimes a sick day would be nice too. "Grammmmaaaa!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. omg I felt the same exact way yesterday! I SO wanted to call in sick and to make it worse, it was Kyles bday! lol mom of the year right here. I seriously was in a funk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and love it! I can relate to all your musings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...