Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Rocco George

Today is a very special day for our family. Today is our dog Rocco's 7th birthday. Now maybe you have a pet whose a crucial member of your family like ours, or maybe you think we're silly for finding it so important. But either way, it doesn't change the fact that for us, our oldest baby is another year older. Another year spent chasing his brothers around and loving them unconditionally, letting them climb all over him and eating all their stuffed animals, another year spent following under my foot steps and snuggling Owen at the foot of our bed...Another year spent making memories with our family and reminding us that he is always there. Through good times and bad, as loyal as they come.

Rocco was my boy from the first day I saw him. He was just a baby at three months old and running around that little pen with his sweet little mug staring up at me. I visited him a million times while trying to convince Eric and my in-law/landlords at the time that I would be a stand up dog owner if they would just let me take this baby home. And when I finally brought Eric down to see what all the fuss was about, Rocco even claimed me when he peed on my skirt while I was trying to show that he was the perrrfect puppy. It was a sign, right? He chose me too! When all was said and done, he came home with us that summer and has been melting our hearts ever since. 

No matter where we go, who comes in and out of our lives, whatever life sends our way...this little guy has been by our side through it all. Happy 7th Birthday to our sweet Rocco George! We ruff you!! ;)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...