Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Burgers.

Happy Summer!

Today is the official first day of Summer. To kick it off we're going to have a BBQ and make one of our favorite summer meals! Okay, that's a lie. We actually had this last night when I didn't realize summer started today. But in theory that sounds like a fun kickoff tradition, right? Anyway - Last night we had an easy, delicious, perfect summer meal and our entire family was loving it. Eric came home from work and fired up the grill and we sat down to All-American burgers and corn on the cob. Oh, and chips. Because obviously any Utz family having a BBQ needs to have Utz chips. It was SO good. Of course I've had burgers and corn before, but for some reason it just felt so down home and better than usual. Maybe it was the 'almost summer' taste I was picking up on? Haha But truly, we all gave a little, "MmmMmm good!" every now and then. Even Gavin which made us all laugh. While eating I mentioned to Eric that we should have burger night at least once a week this summer and he was quick to agree. Plus, he does the grilling at our house which means that's one less meal that I have to cook. Yay!

Do you have a meal that you eat every week? We usually try to switch it up and don't repeat too close together but for burgers? I think I can handle that one more often! Recently I read about a family who has 'Taco Sunday' and tries different kinds of tacos each week. Sounds like another meal I could latch onto! I'm debating testing out different burgers or keeping it traditional. What do you think? Also, what's your favorite summer meal?

Happy Summer, friends! Enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...