Friday, June 7, 2013

Caprese Grilled Cheese.

How do you pronounce it? Capreese...? Cahpraysay...? However you say it, it always tastes good. Caprese pretty much means an italian salad including fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Nowadays you can usually find some sort of caprese dish on a restaurant menu most places. Chicken caprese panini, caprese pizza, caprese fettucini, and coming to you today from my very own restaurant, I mean kitchen...Caprese Grilled Cheese. It all started when I noticed a picture of a Caprese Grilled Cheese on pinterest! Unfortunately, the link directed me over to some fat burning website, but as I've said before, "I like to get down in the kitchen!" so I figured it couldn't be too difficult. Improvising with what I had on hand, I made the most amazing half of a sandwich that I've ever had in my entire life. Am I exaggerating? Maybe. But it really was sooooo good!! Next time I think I'll get some super yummy bread and fresh basil to up the fancy factor!


I used the twelve grain bread I had on hand and went about making a normal grilled cheese sandwich, (slather in butter and cheese and cook on a skillet) I quickly sliced some tomatoes and threw them down on the pan next to my bread just to heat them through. Next I laid a layer of fresh mozzarella on the bread and then flipped the tomatoes on top. Because I only had dried basil, I sprinkled that with a little balsamic dressing and covered with one more slice of mozzarella and the other buttered bread. Flip to grill the other side and ta-dahhh, Caprese Grilled Cheese! And did I mention it was the best thing I ever ate? So so so good. Now go make one...Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...