Friday, February 22, 2013

Lashes.

Happy Friday!!!

While I intended on taking today off from posting due to my adorable little house guest and nine year old niece, Isabel - she disagreed. I was writing up yesterday's post last night while she hung around reading her new Teen Dream magazine and eating ice cream and as I finished she asked, "What will you write about tomorrow?"..."I won't" I replied, "you're here so I'm going to take the day off from posting." She gasped! "AUNTIE! But you said you were writing Monday through Friday!" She was right. I did make a promise that I was going to write during the week and while I felt like having that cutie around was a good excuse to break the rules, she had a point. So thank you to my sweet Belle, for making me stick to my guns - even when I didn't want to! You're dedication inspires me! :)


A couple of days ago I was putting on makeup when I noticed the two choices I had were both probably outdated. My Sephora brand something or other kind was getting pretty thick and clumpy upon application, and the backup Maybelline in the bright green tube hadn't been touched for quite a while. It was time to replace and I had to figure out what would be the best mascara to purchase next. I did what any good investigator would and I distributed a survey...on facebook. "Ladies, what's your favorite mascara?" I posted as my status. A handful of replies from some girlfriends and makeup connoisseurs later and here were some favorites...Clinique, Lancome, Dior, and one friend promises that Shiseido Perfect Mascara Full Definition will blow your mind! (and if it doesn't she'll refund you the entire purchase price-just kidding) Other great buys that are more affordable were Maybelline's Falsies and an all around favorite, Cover Girl in the orange tube!  Do you agree with these suggestions or have any others to add to the list? I haven't quite decided which one to purchase yet and would love more recommendations! I got desperate before heading out with my girlfriends the other night I decided to get creative and stuck my Maybelline brush into the Sephora tube and ya know what? It actually came out pretty decent!! But it's certainly not my first choice in the mascara department.

After completing my research on how to get the prettiest lashes out there, I hopped on the internet and headed over to one of my favorite blogs this morning, Cup of Jo. (Thanks to my good friend Krista for sharing her favorite blog with me) Low and behold her most recent post was none other than an article titled, Amazing Lashes. Of course. That's why it's one of my favorite blogs...she gets me. Ha! Apparently Joanna was on a mission as well and has discovered her new favorite brand, Benefits-They're Real. Ever tried it? She may have sold me, but there's still time to change my mind if you have one you love too!

Wishing you a happy weekend! (again) I'm off to hang with my boss, I mean niece, and maybe we'll hit the mall for some mascara! Share your faves below!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, at this time we are unable to process refunds. However, if you are dissatisfied with your newly acquired Shiseido mascara for whatever reason...I will be more than happy to take that product off of your hands. It just seems like the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...