Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Cooking.

Speaking of books, (yes we're talking about books, see here) there's a couple that have been on my radar for a while now. Probably aren't as much for the kiddos, although I'm pretty sure they would benefit from my reading one of them. And anyways, why shouldn't Mama have a library too?? Yeah! So, while you're probably expecting some romance novel or a skeezy script about some guy who knows a lot of colors between black and white, it just isn't that kind of book. Sorry, girls. This time I'm keeping it clean with a good old fashioned cookbook. Really, hello 2013, right? Who even buys cookbooks nowadays when you can google, 'Roasted Chicken' and have 4952 recipes which have all been tested and reviewed by just as many home cooks like myself. But I've gotta say, there's something about a cookbook on your kitchen counter all dusted with flour while you splatter oil and egg guts all over the pages. And if you're still not with me, just think about the design aspect of a cookbook on a shelf in your kitchen. Nowww you're with me!

Either way, I'm going to tell you about the one I've been eyeing and what's even better, it's a holiday cookbook! Cheesy? Little bit. But, oh well. I actually think it will be a good read and not just a compilation of boring measurements because it's written by one of my favorite chefs, The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Maybe you remember when I posted about my make-your-own Iced Coffee, or the recipe we used for Eric's Chicken? Well, both can be accredited to The Pioneer Woman! She's funny, witty, and very down to earth and she makes cooking fun to watch and easy to try at home. She's a city girl turned cowgirl, living on a cattle ranch in the middle of no where with her husband and kids. Her recipes are family friendly, comfort food - not too fancy or difficult. My kind of meals! Plus, she writes a blog, which clearly I get into. Her holiday edition cookbook comes out in October and I'm hoping someone gifts it to me for Halloween!! What, you don't give friends Halloween presents? Don't judge okay, just get me the book! Or buy it for yourself because I'm sure it's fantastic and you'll love it. If not, you could always pass it on to a friend... (cough, cough)



Check out The Pioneer Woman on Food Network or visit her blog HERE. Also, if you'd like to pre-order on sale you can find it HERE. Happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...