Monday, August 12, 2013

Not Bad, Good Pancakes.



Today I wanted a good breakfast. Good as in bad. Bad as in I wanted some big 'ol pancakes smothered in butter and syrup. Sounds good, right? The only problem is that I'm trying not to have things that are so bad. Still with me? As I got ready to pass on the idea of something so good that it's bad, I remembered a recipe my friend shared a while back, Banana Pancakes. Healthy ones! So I pulled up her blog, Sex + Grand and checked out the ingredients. Just 4 ingredients and about five minutes. Really, does it get any easier? I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and maybe these healthy little pancakes wouldn't be so bad. (bad as in not good) Being the rebel that I am, I tweaked the recipe a bit. Not that it needed it and I'm sure the outcome tasted pretty much the same, but I get a little lazy about cracking two eggs just for the whites and decided to add a little more flavor to the pancake itself rather than just on top. How did it taste, you ask? Ahhhhmaaaazzzzzinnnnggggg. Seriously friends, you need to make these right now. If you're trying to eat clean, definitely make them. If you prefer junk, make them anyways because they're just that good. (good as in good) And honestly, they really couldn't be any easier. So, a huge thanks to my friend Krista and also the busy girls who eat clean that came up with the original recipe Krista snagged. This will surely be my new go-to breakfast! And for all you parents out there, my two year old who can't let me enjoy a meal alone shared this dish with me and kept yelling, "More! Big one!!" so it's also kid approved. Upon finishing I couldn't decide if I was sad it was gone or happy I felt full and satisfied. Not a bad way to end breakfast! Now go stock up on bananas and have yourself some not bad, good pancakes!! 

            
            

Banana Pancakes
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
dash cinammon

Break the banana into a bowl with other ingredients. Use fork to mash banana up. (I thought for sure it wouldn't get smooth enough with a fork but after a minute it was perfect!) Pour onto hot, sprayed pan forming two big or three small pancakes. Flip once you see it starting to cook through and finish the other side. Plate and serve with a drizzle of honey or if you're like me and still sorta crave those 'big 'ol bad pancakes', top with syrup. So so so good. Enjoy!!

PS. Krista's tip: Throw it in the blender for a smoother, less 'oaty' texture! Both will be delish!! ;)



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...