Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time.

Do you ever wish that you could stop time? You know, freeze life the way it is for just a little while?? Well, I do. A lot. But eventually I come to terms with the fact that this can never be, and along with that comes the realization that as much as I'd like to stop time, I'd also like it to keep going. Like forever. Funny, huh? While I flip flip between my two dreams I suppose I'll just go on living life in the moment and do my best to enjoy them all...


Earlier today I turned some music on in the kitchen while I was cleaning up and preparing today's pb&j. My little guy, Gavin (who's just a few months shy of turning two) runs into the kitchen with that big, silly grin shouting, "Dance! Dance!" with his arms stretched as high as they could reach. As this has been his normal routine for as long as I can remember, I knew he was ready to bounce around the room singing and dancing with Mama. I laughed and scooped him up and we started to sway back and forth to the music. Once the song ended and another began to play, it was more upbeat and exciting...much more suited for Gavin's taste. I upped my dance moves and began to hop around kicking my legs, tossing him up and singing loudly. Trying my best to keep up with the song I began to spin around on one foot while I wrapped my arms around him, watching those big blue eyes stare back at me. Gavin seemed to like this move best so I continued to add this one in now and then, making sure to catch my balance in between turns. While we stood there going around and around our eyes were locked and our smiles were about as big as they get. 

PLEASE STOP TIME!!!

And just as I said before, I realize this can't happen - But can you blame me for trying? We finished our dance number and moved on to lunch and naps and as I sit here sharing this little slice of heaven with you, I can't help but enjoy the peace and quiet happening right now. I'm snuggled on the couch, watching the rain, writing and thinking to myself, 'Please stop time!!!' and it makes me smile. I guess I don't want time to stop after all. It's all about living in the moment, right? So I guess I'll do just that and take each for what it is. And speaking of that, I better wrap this up and go reheat my coffee because before I know it this one will be over too! 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are able to 'enjoy the moments' and not let them simply pass by unnoticed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm such a sap...because to me, they're ALL 'moments' <3

      Delete
  2. Great Post! Im a new Mommy and there are times when my tiny person is fast asleep on me or just doing something that takes my breath away.

    www.whisperedaspirations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best? This is my third and I still get that feeling! Babies are somethin' else :) Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...