Thursday, January 31, 2013

My polar opposite soul sister.

Happy Friday! Do you have big plans for your weekend? I'm looking forward to spending quality time with my mother and sister! We're super excited for a girls weekend together! I have to admit,  I've always sort of imagined just picking up and taking off for a trip, but needless to say, having three small children makes that rather difficult. Pre-Motherhood I only traveled a handful of times, mostly because I was young and in school, too busy making plans for my future. Well, guess what friends? The future will come whether you stop and take a week and go to Hawaii or not. So take the trip. Save those pennies and start planning ahead of time because before you know it, you'll be a stay at home mother with a husband and three babies in tow!

Now, of course that's not to say I don't love my life in every single way, because I do. If you know me, have met me, or are reading this post right now...that goes without saying. However, I do admire those who live a life of spontaneity. To be a young and single woman and have the world at your finger tips - to take on whatever, whenever, wherever you so choose... Sounds exhilarating, don't you think? Well, it is. And I know this because one of my very best friends, Krista, IS that woman. She's incredible. I always say that in my next life, we can trade places because our lives are polar opposites. Which I find hilarious because on the inside we are so similar. She's what I guess I'll call, my 'soul sister', if you will! She's a gorgeous, young, free spirit in a sense...but in a smart, responsible and organized kind of way! She lives right in the heart Los Angeles and lives life to the fullest with her two pups by her side. As of late, she has traveled to beautiful Costa Rica! Before that, Singapore. Oh, before that? Bali. And yes still, before that...Australia.

Is that not unreal? Like I said, she's incredible. Oh, and did I mention she's a photographer as well? So not only is she visiting these breathtaking destinations, but she's capturing these moments with the most amazing shots along the way! I really can't do much justice by just telling you about it, so I'll do better and share her journey with you all! Visit her at Sex + Grand and be sure to tell her that you've found her in The Laundry Room!
^^^ Krista and I getting ready on my wedding day!^^^
Below are a few of my faves from her travel adventures that just scream, "Krista!!" 



Have a great weekend! And if you do plan on booking, check out this great post on travel deals and steals!


2 comments:

  1. You make me smile, soul sistah. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ps- photo credit on that top wedding pic! I miss my film camera!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...