Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On The Rocks.

Yesterday's post was to remind you that 'I'm here', but today's post is to show you where I'd rather be. And that my friends, is on the rocks. No... Not like a cold drink. (although that's appealing too) And not like that little bar in the next town over. But literally, on the rocks. Recently we headed to the mountains for our annual Laundry Family Vacation and had so so so much fun exhausting ourselves with day after day of family friendly fun. But one day in particular sticks out in my memory and that was a morning Eric and I spent on the rocks by a stream with our little men in tow. We've been before, it's an old playground area behind a firehouse with a path leading out to the water where we usually sit and throw rocks with Grampa. This time it was just us and we tried to just kick back and soak up the sun, enjoy the peace and quiet and take in the views. I guess it worked out the way we hoped because as I sit here from my couch with an ac blowing and kids getting stir crazy, all I can think about is how much I'd rather be on the rocks. See you next year tranquility...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...