Friday, August 9, 2013

Loving Leeches.

Happy Friday! 

If you're all caught up on the blog front, you'll recall that I've sort of been freaking out about My Man getting ready for kindergarten. It's a big deal, right? You don't blame me, I'm sure... BUT, what you don't know is that somewhere deep down inside, I'm a little bit excited too. Are you a parent? If so, you know what I mean. If not, I'm sure you can just imagine what it's like to have a little leech stuck on your leg for five years sucking every last ounce of your blood while you desperately try to regain your own body, mind and spirit. I mean, that's not what having children is like it all....forget I used that analogy. But who am I kidding, really? Some days, it actually does feel that way! Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids as much as the next Mama but I'd be lying if I said I never had days where I locked myself in the bathroom pretending to 'go potty' for about ten minutes or so while I cried, ate a brownie or took a minute to remind myself that I do actually like these monsters. Being a parent is TOUGH! There's no manual, no right or wrong way, no easy way, it's just plain tough. But the best part about it is that while there may be those days where I've done those ridiculous things that get me through, I have just as many days where I'm beaming with pride and joy because being a parent is AMAZING. Just the other night Eric and I were laughing about some funny things our munchkins had done that day. We ended our conversation talking about how being a parent is like nothing else...the feeling you get from having this little person you created and watching them turn into someone so incredible is incomparable. So all in all, the good outweigh the bad and kind of make you forget about those bathroom breakdowns in between. 

That being said, I think I've earned my right to send my little leech off to kindergarten. I mean child. Did I say leech? Oh... Well, you know. So when September comes and my little man is off to start his first day in the real world that is school, I'll surely be sad. I'll miss him like something awful... But, I think a part of me will learn to love it too. Umm, one less kiddo for a while? I think I'll adjust. Until then I'll continue to soak up the love and savor every moment with my guy before the big day comes! (Except for the ones where I'm crying in the bathroom, of course.)


Have a good weekend!! I'll be busy loving leeches...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...